Thursday, July 27, 2006

SABR & DUA'A
"Allah does not impose on any self any more than it can bear"
(Surat al-Baqarah, 286)

I’m searching for the answers, to the questions in my mind,
I’m searching high and low, but yet again I’ve been denied.

I sit in contemplation at the doorway to Allah
One I have full access to, through power of dua’a

I sit silently weeping, in hope and sincerity,
I pray to the Almighty to only one day let this be.

In a world where many Muslims, Suffer much more than me,
More than I could imagine, more than I’ll ever see.

Sitting in anticipation, hoping I am on the list
That I'm a true believer, and I will not be missed.

I know I’ve got some way to go, I realise I’m not perfect
In front of Allah’s majesty, I feel like just an insect.

I guess I should be thankful, for every breath I take
Ask for His mercy and forgiveness, for every single mistake.

O Allah forgive me, please bless me and be pleased
For I want to be a Muslim, the way you want me to be.

(SS, 2006)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

masah allah. I likes

Asma.

Anonymous said...

Sister you are well amazing! and talented mashAllah ...i would like to know more bowt ya man wow!

4rm sister in islam